Become our System Engineer
ASP is an IT company with about 40 employees. We provide our customers with IT services around a range of selected solutions. We offer IT infrastructure solutions, servers, networks, storage, networking, cloud and ITSM software; a few years ago, we started a partnership with ServiceNow, the world leader in ITSM Cloud-based, which we implement according to our customers’ needs.
You have excellent technical knowledge and you feel like managing our client’s IT Infrastructure? Then you are ready to join our team of 15 System Engineers and to become our specialist and first point of contact for our customers regarding product specifications, product installations and setup, troubleshooting and performance tuning, new major and minor release updates etc.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities as System Engineer at ASP?
Together with your team, you are responsible for the operational management of the infrastructure of the clients assigned to you. You provide our clients with operational support (2nd and 3rd line & trouble-shooting) and you implement, patch, upgrade or migrate the client’s technologies (eg. VMWare, HyperV, Office 365, Azure,…). Helping customers with support is a normal task to start the job; the more experienced you get the more complex your task will become (more trouble shooting and less support).
As our System Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Incident and service request -handling respecting the internal procedures
- Working with SSCM and SCSM as well as applying ITIL principles
- Execution of projects for the client within the negotiated scope taking into consideration technical possibilities, the client’s needs respecting agreed planning and deadlines
- Remaining up to date with new evolutions and making sure your knowledge remains ahead of the trends
- Gain experience, become an expert in your field and guide your colleagues with their complex technical questions
- Ownership for the client relationship: you are recognized by the client as a business partner, from whom to seek advise
- Support the sales team by contributing to the pre-sales
- Technical/technological discussions with the clients
- Be part of our stand-by support team
How do you qualify for this position?
At ASP we are looking for motivated and energetic colleagues and not just a list of skills; however experience with the following would be ideal:
You will need the following skills:
- Speak fluently French, Dutch and you understand well English (both written and spoken)
- Bachelor in IT
- At least 5 years of experience as a System Engineer, with experience managing autonomously several infrastructure implementation projects
- Methodical, organized and client oriented
- Work in a team as well as independantly
- Take the client’s needs into consideration and you are a good communicator
- A real problem solver and you pay attention to details
- Stress resistant and you’re not afraid of a dynamic environment in constant evolution
The following technical skills are needed:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems including clustering
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server high availability technologies: mirroring, log shipping, always-on, etc
- Good knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Experience with enterprise service bus model like Microsoft Biztalk is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Powershell command line
- Basic knowledge of network switching: TCP/IP,subnet calculations, VLAN, etc.
- Experience with VMware data center virtualization products
We offer you:
Besides a permanent contract, a competitive salary and extra-benefits, we offer you a dynamic work environment with smart colleagues in a fast-growing company and clients with exciting challenges. Our management team encourages individual growth and will give you the opportunity to be yourself and to develop yourself.
Are you interested?
Don’t hesitate, contact us for more information on +32 (0)2 333 40 70 or send your resume to HR@asp.be.